St. Mark’s is an outstanding school that was made possible by the generosity of those who have gone before us. Since our founding in 1970, parents, alumni, grandparents, St. Mark’s church parishioners, faculty, staff, and countless others have given of their time, talent, and treasures to create this amazing place for our students.

As we look ahead to the future, I want to encourage you to join me in celebrating this legacy of giving, and invite you to consider partnering with us to advance our mission even further for the next generation of students. We cannot accomplish this goal without the help of everyone in the St. Mark’s family.

These website pages are designed to inform you about all the different ways you can partner with us to support our students.  I hope you find the content to be helpful.  Please don’t hesitate to contact me at any time if you have any questions about how to support our outstanding school.

Susan Kwartler
Director of Development
(904) 388-2632 x407

Frequently Asked Questions

List of 2 frequently asked questions.

  • Q: Why does St. Mark’s need to ask for additional financial support beyond tuition?

    At St. Mark’s, as at most independent schools, we rely on philanthropic gifts in addition to tuition and endowment returns to balance the budget each year. Tuition and fees covers approximately 90% of the school’s operating budget. Gifts from parents, grandparents, alumni, faculty, staff, trustees, and other friends fund a portion of the remaining 10%. There are several opportunities for you to partner with us each year in this effort, a summary of which can be found in the St. Mark’s Guide to Philanthropy.
  • Q: Why doesn’t the school simply increase tuition?

    We strive to keep tuition as affordable as possible and appropriate for our market. At the same time, we also must offer competitive salaries and benefits and have first class programs, technology, and facilities. A strong development program allows the school to do this without dramatically increasing tuition. In addition, gifts are fully tax deductible, while tuition is not.
    • Susan Kwartler, Director of Development

      Susan Kwartler, Director of Development