Daily’s Ortega River Run
For the past 37 years, St. Mark’s Episcopal Day School has held the Daily’s Ortega River Run. A Grand Prix sanctioned event, the morning consists of a 1-mile fun run and a 5-mile run/walk race. A festive street fair lines the street in front of the school with games, give-a-ways, and fun!
Proceeds from Daily’s Ortega River Run benefit the financial aid and scholarship program at St. Mark’s Episcopal Day School. We thank our sponsors and all participants for their support!
Saturday, February 28, 2015:
- Weather: Rainy and in the low 50s
- 2,300 registrants (combined 1-mile and 5-mile)
- Approximately 230 of St. Mark’s students, and another 15 St. Mark’s faculty/staff, ran in either the 1 or 5-mile run, and several students/faculty placed in their divisions!
- Nearly 200 volunteers supported the event: including faculty, staff, alumni, parents, corporate volunteers from Daily’s, Target, Winn-Dixie, Watson Realty, Jacksonville Bank, First Baptist Church and several general community members
- Approximately 2,100 finisher medals were distributed at the finish line
- 57 corporate sponsors supported the event. (The final net total raised will be announced soon)
- 1,800 bottles of water, 800 bagels, 20 cases of bananas, 50 dozen donuts, and hundreds of cups of Daily’s coffee were donated and consumed by our participants
- 46 sponsors were represented at the Street Fair – who distributed an untold number of free samples, toys and giveaways to the more than 3,000 in attendance
- Several dozen pairs of shoes were collected for Soles to Souls!
Official Results: http://1stplacesports.com/ortega15res.html
A very special thank you goes out to our two volunteer co-chairs: Ann McCarthy and Miko Burgstiner.
Click here for the 2014 Results, Videos & Pictures
Click here for the 2013 Results Videos and Pictures
Click here for pictures, video, and results from the 2012 races