Daily’s Ortega River Run
Both races start and finish at St. Mark’s Episcopal Day School
4114 Oxford Avenue – Just off Ortega Boulevard
For the past 37 years, St. Mark’s Episcopal Day School has held the Daily’s Ortega River Run. A Grand Prix sanctioned event, the morning consists of a 1-mile fun run and a 5-mile run/walk race.
A festive street fair lines the street in front of the school with games, give-a-ways, and fun!
With a record participation of 2,470 in 2014, it is one of the largest races held in the Jacksonville area, and is the perfect training run for Jacksonville’s next “River Run” held two weeks later in March.
Proceeds from Daily’s Ortega River Run benefit the financial aid and scholarship program at St. Mark’s Episcopal Day School. We thank our sponsors and all participants for their support!
Daily’s Convenience Store Facebook Page (Like ‘em & win things!)
- 2,465 registrants (combined 1-mile and 5-mile) – a record turn out!
- Approximately 225 of St. Mark’s students and 20 faculty/staff ran in either the 1 or 5-mile run
- Nearly 200 volunteers supported the event
- 2,200 finisher medals were distributed
- 48 corporate sponsors supported us – keep watch for our final net total coming soon!
- 1,400 bottles of Propel, 1,500 bottles of water, 800 bagels, 200 cases of bananas, 50 dozen donuts and hundreds of cups of Daily’s coffee were donated and consumed.
- 42 sponsors were represented at the Street Fair – who distributed an untold number of free samples, toys and giveaways to the more than 3,000 in attendance
- Several dozen pairs of shoes were donated to Soles4Souls
- All proceeds from this event goes into the school’s financial aid/scholarship budget, so truly, the students are the real winners of this race! This year 27% of our students in grades K-6 are receiving some kind of financial aid award from St. Mark’s.
A very special thank you goes out to our two volunteer co-chairs: Stephanie Kohla and Ann McCarthy!
Click here for the 2013 Results Videos and Pictures!
Click here for pictures, video, and results from the 2012 races!