Lion’s Pride Fund
Our school community reflects the characteristics of a lion pride by working together as a family, raising, and nurturing our “cubs” so that it can provide the very best educational opportunities.
We need your help to reach our goal of $175,000 and 100% participation.
The Lion’s Pride Fund is critical to St. Mark’s operations. Tuition covers 90% of what it costs to run St. Marks. Fundraising events make up the remaining 10%. Most of that 10% comes from the donations to the Lion’s Pride Fund.
So what does this money actually pay for? Below is a sampling.
- Faculty training and continued education in new curricula opportunities like Singapore math and Chinese language instruction
- New musical instruments and material for theatrical productions
- New library books for every grade level, including our ELP program
- Two new roofs – this helps ease the capital expenses
- Special training for our Academic Support Staff faculty in eight intervention programs for teaching reading fluency, reading comprehension, spelling and math
- Field trips to the Jacksonville Zoo, St. Augustine, Kingsley Plantation & Jacksonville History Tour and MOSH
- New laptop computers for teachers
Gifts of any size are meaningful; the size of the donation is not nearly as important as the act of giving. The Board of Trustees, administration and faculty have already made their pledges.
Allison & Brian Sheridan
Patron: $500 – 999 Friend: $250 – 499 Associate: $1 – 249
Winged Lion Society
Top of the Pride: $10,000 and above
Founder: $7,500 – 9,999
Leadership: $5,000 – 7,499
Cornerstone: $2,500 – 4,900
Benefactor: $1,000 – 2,400
The Winged Lion Society established in 1999, honors and celebrates the philanthropy of those individuals, foundations, and corporations whose annual gifts to St. Mark’s Episcopal Day School are at or above one thousand dollars. These donors are recognized for their leadership and strong commitment to St. Mark’s.